Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Naming / referring to controllers and models

(11-10-2016, 11:17 AM)codeguy Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 02:33 PM)ciadmin Wrote: If you mix readings from the version 2 user guide (where class filenames were lower-case) with readings from the current version 3 userguide (where class filesnames are UCfirst), you will find conflicting information!

Use the user guide for the version of CodeIgniter you have installed, and there should be no confusion.

There could still be confusion searching online, as outdated webpages may still refer to version 2, which is now alegacy version and no longer supported.

Yeah, For the last 4 months I've been reading every online article and YouTube tutorial I could find on CI. I've also paid for a few online courses thru Envato, Udemy, Lynda etc. I don't remember seeing anything about CI versions having different syntax requirements. I could have missed it though. I suppose the authors would want to create the impression that their video or web site advice could be universally applied to any CI project using any version - which is the impression I came away with.   Confused

The difference is only in the file naming conventions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Naming / referring to controllers and models - by Narf - 11-11-2016, 09:26 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB