Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do you guys go about developing great websites?

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2017, 03:26 PM by ivantcholakov. Edit Reason: grammar )

The "greatness" shifted - from "visual design" towards "user experience"; from sites towards applications. Pages interact with a user with intense, it means a lot of front-end programming. This is what I would recommend:

1. Make your own CMS for starting project. Collect your permanent and tested solutions there.
2. Pick up a great CSS framework with tons of features, a big one, and really themeable. My personal choice is Semantic UI. It is practically impossible to make a complex responsive UI without adopting a prepared CSS framework.
3. Don't do everything alone, work together with a designer. It is not about the technical stuff that designers usually do, but for the sake of the artistic idea. For example, if I make a design, it becomes eventually, how to say, a "male" kind. This is why I design only the administration panels. But my designer which is female is capable to make front-end designs for any audience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you guys go about developing great websites? - by ivantcholakov - 02-12-2017, 03:25 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB