Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Does it matter share host or cloud host? help me!

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2017, 11:57 AM by Ivo Miranda. Edit Reason: Forget to answer your points )

My opinion is the same as @Diederik

Go with some good shared hosting company. Try to avoid those companies that will say "unlimited CPU, unlimited RAM, unlimited SSD, unlimited support, unlimited everything for 1$/month" because these guys are overselling for sure and the odds that you will get a bad hosting will increase quite a bit by my experience.

A VPS will always be 60$ or more per year and it's good that you know what you are doing despite there are already some solutions that will configure your VPS with some standard stuff but I honestly think you should start with shared hosting and try to monitor your app and then upgrade when you feel the right time has come.

I think you should go for a reputable hosting country that does not sounds shady with a server near your app users. Plus most of shared hosting will have already cPanel or something similar that you are looking for while in a VPS you will have to pay around 15$/month to have cPanel on a VPS + the cost of the VPS + you have to know how to install it.

Oh and about your points:
1- Loading Speed.
Answer: You will have to trust the host and be lucky. try to avoid shady deals and overselling companies
2- Compatible with CodeIgniter 3 to get the best result.
Answer: CI is compatible to most environments. It would have to be a really bad host not to be able to support CI since CI doesn't require anything special to run.
3- Ability of host panel. also easy to use
Answer: I would recommend a company that would have a cPanel.

What i have on my web application:
1- online payment (paypal)
Answer: I don't believe this should have any impact on the hosting provider
2- user control panel
Answer: I don't believe this should have any impact on the hosting provider

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does it matter share host or cloud host? help me! - by Ivo Miranda - 04-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB