Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI system can't see default controller set in config/routes

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 09:03 AM by codeguy. Edit Reason: Update )

Thanks for the advice John. I found last nite that I could call a simple 'test' controller that I wrote like the 'Welcome' controller that loads a simple view. I now suspect I can't load my other controllers because I did not transfer over all the necessary files from my localhost installation or maybe there are other folders/files I need to add. And probably some constants or config settings that need to be changed.

I've been working on this app for several months on my local server. This is my first attempt to deploy a CI package on a remote host. Basically I just copied the application, system and assets folders. I didn't even change the database connection constants for the new mysql location on the server. Thought I'd get something working and then take care of the details. Guess there are more details to deal with before I can really see much.

Added: I just found that on the remote server (Linux based) the controller file name must be first char upper case - same as the class name. I don't understand this since my existing app (the earlier not-CI version) has lower case file names for all controllers, models and views. This php-based web app has been running fine for several months. Must be a CI requirement that doesn't appear on a xampp server running under Windows. Very confusing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CI system can't see default controller set in config/routes - by codeguy - 06-06-2017, 06:37 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB