Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Real time - Which is the best way?

(07-24-2017, 12:01 PM)spjonez Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 10:32 AM)albert leao Wrote: Phoenix is built on Elixir/Erlang which has powered telecom companies since the 1980, it's not new technology at all, it's just not object oriented and is functional instead.

Erlang yes, Phoenix no. When Node was first released you could have said the same thing about it. Yes it was based off a language that was mature but the eco-system wasn't.
In that sense, Socket.IO is has only been production ready for 1 year longer than Phoenix. All I'm saying is that it's not necessarily accurate to say something like Phoenix is tried and proven and is just as stable as something as socket.io but is sitting on much better technology than nodejs.
Anyways, I think Theedo got the answers he was looking for so no reason to dig into it anymore.

Btw, theedo, thank you for the private message, but I couldn't reply because you have your private messages turned off Smile
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Messages In This Thread
Real time - Which is the best way? - by theedo - 07-24-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Real time - Which is the best way? - by albertleao - 07-24-2017, 12:20 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB