Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Stack Overflow (banging my head against the wall)

It is really unbelievable, and quite painful to see most of the CodeIgniter questions that are asked on Stack Overflow. Obviously nobody ever reads even one page of the user guide, and there seems to be some bad habits that are widely learned by beginners. It's doubtful that some of these people have even worked with PHP for more than a day, yet they're calling themselves "Junior Developers". I guess that's your title when you've successfully completed the Hello World of PHP.

Recent:
  • I just saw a "CodeIgniter" question where the person just wanted today's date formated "sep 12".
  • I see every day that nobody knows the difference between site_url and base_url functions.
  • I've seen as many "How do I upload this file" and "Why isn't my session working" questions as I can stand.
I like to go there and try to answer questions. It's quite satisfying to be right, and because of the fast pace of the site it is really a mental exercise. Sometimes I just wonder if this kind of stuff is altering people's perception of CodeIgniter. Like you have to be a total moron to use it.

I've seen some of you over there. What are your thoughts?

... and to anyone offended by this post, I beg of you, please go read the user guide, or at least skim it once.

Messages In This Thread
Stack Overflow (banging my head against the wall) - by skunkbad - 09-12-2017, 12:34 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB