Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Stack Overflow (banging my head against the wall)

Also agree. Gave up answering them in the end. Fed up posting snippets of the user guide in answer to stupid questions.

I think it is a problem with stack overflow in truth. I am not sure what they can do about it. Many of the questions are clearly IT students assigned a project/question and trying to get their homework done as quickly and easily and thought or work free as possible.

I love stack overflow in a way, and use it quite often. Their attempt at becoming a job site and recreating reference material in their docs section is, IMHO, a mistake on their part. It seems to be a site that has forgotten the problem it is solving, perhaps money is the motivator here as they seek to monetise a successful site (perhaps even prior to a sell off). I really would not be surprised to see a share offering come along quite soon.

Paul.

PS I do enjoy their moderator elections though. They do them very well and is a model lots of other sites could learn from.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack Overflow (banging my head against the wall) - by PaulD - 09-12-2017, 10:25 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB