Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Updating CodeIgniter 1.7.3 to CodeIgniter 3.1.7

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2018, 05:13 AM by Josh1985. Edit Reason: clarification )

While I respect your opinion, You are WAY OFF on a few things and clearly misinterpreted and/or misread what I was asking.

First, I don't know how this became me blaming anyone, PERIOD. That was not AT ALL what I was doing.

I was simply asking where were the system folder file versions your user guide mentions using to patch this old version with-STARTING in VERSION 2.0.0?

Secondly, if no one on here had anything to do with CI til version 2.0.3 then I was asking could ANYONE point me where I could try to locate them? How you misconstrued that as "blaming anyone" I'll never know. Whether or not it was based on PHP 4 notwithstanding.

Third, I have no idea where you got the idea I WAS asking for versions PRIOR to 1.7? I HAD NOT mentioned anything about needing ANY file prior to 1.7 just version 2.0.0. Where that came from I'll never know either.

Fourth, As far as this being a failure to update the software on my end: I don't think anyone who was or is running version 1.7 on any project would ever have thought that a version CI would ever NOT BE backwards compatible. As version 2.0 appears to be the VERY FIRST time that has ever happened since CI's and PHPs original inception. However, I do take full responsibility for not paying closer attention to the updates to notice when we were told backwards compatibility would end. I assure you, had I of known backwards compatibility was ending I would have updated every time a official new release was issued.
So, yes I was negligent and ignorant in thinking ALL CI releases would be backwards compatible and just require some copy and pasting of files and then done. I am all too aware of that now. So yes that is my oversight.

Lastly, with all that said-I will try using 2.03 and updating from 2.0.0 through 2.2.and progress from there.

Worst case will have to re-code from the ground up...

Thank you anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating CodeIgniter 1.7.3 to CodeIgniter 3.1.7 - by Josh1985 - 01-29-2018, 05:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB