Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help revive codeigniter 2.x project

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 08:39 AM by Ricke.)

(02-27-2018, 01:00 AM)jreklund Wrote: One bug in code.
Fix that bug.
One hundred bugs in the code.

Sounds like a nightmare to say the least.

Yeah, stick with 2.x at this time. You need to manually search and replace all new functions and deprecated code, I'm afraid you can't just copy over the system folder.

You normally copy things over, so that you don't need to write it again and again. But if you copy too much code you need to make a more generic modal that can adapt to multiple tables instead.

Okey, you where right. Admin accounts are stored in 'accounts'. At this time your rights (100) aren't being used. From the code posted at least.

So your admin password should be generated by:
PHP Code:
<?php echo sha1('member_salt' 'abcdef'); ?>

Where member_salt can be found in a config file under application\config (at least I hope so).

You can of course just hack it so you always login, and ignore the password at this time.
PHP Code:
// if (is_object($admin) && $admin->password == sha1($this->config->item('member_salt') . $password)) {
// return $admin;
// } else {
// return false;
// }
return $admin

Can't disagree with you there, seems like a project crawling with bugs,, even though I'm not even on a hobbycoder level I learn by everything I read, test and do.

Only member_salt info in the config.php is $config['member_salt'] = '#/G)FH!*FG9/"PF=!#F!)#FGH!^=FGH!G(=-!=H';
if that was the line you thought about?

Got a new password by the php code you provided and replaced the admin pass i phpMyadmin,, no response when providing user "admin" and pass "abcdef" in the login fields.

Cut of the lines with // in the administrator_controller.php and added return $admin;
Still no response when trying to log in.
Just resets the login fields and remains on the landing page :/

Messages In This Thread
Help revive codeigniter 2.x project - by Ricke - 02-25-2018, 06:45 AM
RE: Help revive codeigniter 2.x project - by Ricke - 02-27-2018, 08:34 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB