Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migration from Wordpress to CodeIgniter

(04-30-2018, 03:57 AM)grdev Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am the webmaster of some websites (most of them are mine and some are client's projects) running mostly on Wordpress and Joomla.

I am quite frustrated with continuous and time consuming Wordpress updates and the security issues regarding both wordpress and joomla websites.   Two of my websites were already hit by hackers, although I use only paid themes and plugins and never install any cracked software, in the wordpress case due to outdated plugins, and in the Joomla case due to Joomla's built-in lack of strong security.

I plan to switch the websites to other platforms, and I am currently looking at CodeIgniter and Drupal.  Since Drupal is in the same category as wordpress and joomla, I would surely prefer a platform like CodeIgniter for the platform switch.

So I come here to ask a few questions before migrating:

1. Is CodeIgniter a really strong platform regarding security?
2. Do I have to update any themes, or plugins or whatever every now and then like I do in Wordpress ?
3. Is there a plugin or any way to migrate the existing websites to CodeIgniter without paying a fortune or getting a master degree in computing?
4. Can this migration be done in a SEO friendly way without loosing my current google rankings?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and patience.

I know it is too late to reply.

I am also a webmaster of Joomla and WordPress websites like you and was facing the same issues for a long time, and didn't want to lose my SEO ranking.

If you still using Joomla and WordPress websites and your primary concern is the security then you can try security extensions. I was also completely frustrated with hacking issues regarding both of the websites before trying security extension.

I want to recommend you jSecure Extension for Joomla and wSecure Extension for WordPress as they fixed all the security issues, and it is comparatively more affordable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Migration from Wordpress to CodeIgniter - by Susan Burling - 11-29-2019, 12:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB