Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Where are the answers?

Hi Everybody! 

I don't want to offend, or belittle. I've been retrying to learn this after a hiatus following a long bout with frustration. 
So, I went off to take courses, in Ruby, Java, Javascript, Go, and yes, PHP. Now I'm back only to find that BCIT has replaced EllisLab. So, in the middle of a "Learning CodeIgniter 3" course on LinkedIn, no matter what I did, I could not get the session_id to stop changing, every time I redirect to a different method on the same controller.  A simple echo of the session id proved it. 

So, I make the rounds, in all the usual forums and websites looking for an answer; and as with everything else in this business. 
Ask a question, and get hundreds of different answers, that don't seem to work, strewn across years of aging posts dating back to the day after version 1 was released.

So the question is this... WHERE IS THE ONE PLACE WHERE TO GET ONE RIGHT ANSWER TO A QUESTION ABOUT THE CURRENT VERSION OF CODEIGNITER?  That's my generic question. I'm sure the answer will assist me with all of the specific questions I'll ask when I get an answer to that one.  Please don't point to the User Guide.  I find that the User Guide, although a valid effort, leads me to more questions than answers for lack of in-depth explanations (in English).

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You guys are great. I hope to be able to give back one day.   Heart

Messages In This Thread
Where are the answers? - by CobolGuy - 04-30-2018, 07:31 PM
RE: Where are the answers? - by ciadmin - 04-30-2018, 07:58 PM
RE: Where are the answers? - by CobolGuy - 06-08-2018, 07:36 PM
RE: Where are the answers? - by ciadmin - 06-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB