Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My needs are very simple - can I start using CI4?

First off, it's not even Alpha release yet, so we have to maintain the "CI4 is not to be used for a production site" Smile

I know there are a few people using it already in various stages so that's a personal choice. We are at a place where we don't expect many large changes, and hope to have the Alpha release out soon-ish. One thing I anticipate gets a pretty decent refactor is the exception handling, and providing more flexibility than what currently exists, but that shouldn't affect too many people - just provide more options.

You should know, though, that if you do build on CI4, it's always possible we'll refactor something that will break your site and cause you extra work, so there's that. And security issues that might be found, etc. So - it's possible, but can't really recommend it.

As for pagination - it works differently now, so it might have fixed old bugs, might have introduced new ones. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: My needs are very simple - can I start using CI4? - by kilishan - 06-25-2018, 10:30 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB