Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI

Hi,

Need help. Can't think on how I can handle this problem. I need an approval matrix system. Here's the plan:

I have 4 users, "QA", "Team Lead", "Manager", "Human Resource"

1. The QA will generate a form.
  2. The form will go to "Team Lead" for his/her approval.
  3. Once approved, the form will go to "Manager".
  4. Once approved again by the Manager, the form will now go to "HR"
  5. Once approved, this form will go back to "Team Leader" to create an Notice-to-Explain (NTE)
  6. When done, this will passed to the agent, responding to the NTE, confirming and submit.
  7. After the submission, the TL will receive the NTE to generate a PDF (with DOCX Templating). And save the PDF to server and save the filepath/name to the database.
Now, I know it sounds complicated (for me), but I need some ideas on how to create this.

My first idea was to use a JSON string instead of creating a separate columns for them. After the QA created a form, I will create an array of approval matrix then save as JSON. But I think this idea is bad.

The next idea was to create a new table and create a column for the approval structure/matrix. I will name them descriptively (is that the right term?)

Code:
Table Name: tbl_approval_matrix
Columns:
teamlead_approved
manager_approved
hr_approved
tl_nte_created
agent_nte_responded
nte_done_generated
Then I'll add 1 or 0 for TRUE and FALSE. But my worries about this technique is "what if the management decided to add one approval step like the BOSS should approve this form first before sending the form to HR?" and also I need to record the date when did they approved or rejected the form. Also I need to assign this to a user (QA, TL, Manager, HR, Agent).

And also the form should go back one step backward if rejected (ex: HR rejected the form, the form should return to Manager for review)

Sorry for my bad English. I don't have any ideas right now and I only have 1 week to finish this approval matrix. And by the way, while I'm typing this, I'm on PANIC MODE.
Thank you for the help. Hope you understand my bad English.

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by kaitenz - 08-16-2018, 05:32 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by Pertti - 08-16-2018, 06:09 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by kaitenz - 08-16-2018, 09:56 PM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by Pertti - 08-17-2018, 02:27 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by kaitenz - 08-17-2018, 03:41 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by kaitenz - 08-24-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by InsiteFX - 08-24-2018, 09:25 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by kaitenz - 08-25-2018, 10:23 AM
RE: Ideas for Approval Matrix in CI - by InsiteFX - 08-25-2018, 01:58 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB