Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI4 KISS – PLEASE

I've been a long proponent of CI. I love this framework. I have been using it for several years. With that said I have heard some very negative things about it. Specifically v4 in contrast to other frameworks on the market. Frameworks which I have not used in production. Ive heard very similar things about how I should be using the "cloud" and shared hosting is obsolete. CI just like shared hosting has worked fine for me and my clients. I've explored other options in php frameworks like Laravel and Symfony. To be quit honest I don't even understand how to use those frameworks. I spent about a week just trying to install things on my computer and just gave up. I'm just a designer making fairly basic websites with occasional dynamic functionality which I need some php. I don't want to be meddling in installing all these other things like composer, extensions, search databases, etc. I really don't want to have to learn these "modern" design patterns that these frameworks seem to have. I mean I tried to install Laravel and after I had it running had to install some JavaScript thing to bring together my scripts, ect. I was just completely overwhelmed. I just want to make a website. It seems like these new things are just making everything more difficult to understand. I already had a hard time understanding php. I really hope that the next version of CI doesn't follow in the same footsteps as all this modern software stuff. I just want a simple, elegant framework which I'm able to use to deliver websites with some fairly basic content without needing to have a masters degree in computer science. I will have to wee v4 but 2 and 3 have gotten me by. My clients have been happy and I've been able to deliver on time and budget. I don't even know what I'm asking for except to say that v2 and v3 are great and I really hope v4 is the same not requiring me to learn things way outside my expertise.

Messages In This Thread
CI4 KISS – PLEASE - by cilover85 - 08-22-2018, 12:25 AM
RE: CI4 KISS – PLEASE - by Pertti - 08-22-2018, 01:00 AM
RE: CI4 KISS – PLEASE - by php_rocs - 08-22-2018, 04:56 AM
RE: CI4 KISS – PLEASE - by twpmarketing - 08-23-2018, 04:58 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB