Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community Auth Token Name Issue

@jreklund, I appreciate your thoughts and the time you took to write about your experience with Community Auth, and improvements that can be made. As of right now, none of the ACL features have been worked on for PHP Universal Authentication. Keep in mind that I do want it to be as flexible as possible, but not make it so hard to use that people in general are put off by it.

You can probably tell, because I can see that you've got a deep understanding of how Community Auth works, that PHP Universal Authentication is similar. Not saying you should, but if you would like to help with the new project, I'd be glad to have that help. I'm generally working more than 50 hours per week, and have a family life, so sometimes free time to develop is rare.

I've found my user level ACL to be very useful, but I'm never working on websites that have as many users and groups as you describe. Whatever happens, I want the usage to remain as simple as possible. I agree that some of the stuff you stripped out doesn't even need to be in Community Auth. PHP Universal Authentication should be better, and hopefully be something we can use in any framework. I love the idea of being able to move from framework to framework and still have the same auth package. It makes using it really easy after the basics are learned.

Messages In This Thread
Community Auth Token Name Issue - by darby4738 - 08-30-2018, 04:40 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 08-30-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 08-31-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by jreklund - 09-01-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 09-01-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by jreklund - 09-01-2018, 11:51 AM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 09-01-2018, 02:13 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by jreklund - 09-01-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 09-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB