Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community Auth Token Name Issue

Your welcome. That's the least I could do as I have saved plenty of time utilizing free software. Yeah, I saw that ACL and Groups were one of the missing part of the new library. That's the hardest part. Making something easy and flexible with a lot of mussel.

Indeed, there are lot of similarity of them both. Why fix something that ain't broken. But there are much more modern approach with e.g. namespace, interface and use. I have personally never written a library from the ground up, just modified some. So have never used all those new fancy stuff.

Two years ago I started to give back on some community project. Making pull request and not just fixing it for myself. Quite rewarding to actually get an Issue on a project, so that you see people actually using it. As of right know I need to make this version go live at the end of september before I can do anything else. Hopefully I will have everything done by then. After that I can see if we can port/rewrite anything for the new library, if it fits the new roadmap.

It sure is. My community project only got three roles admin, writer and guest. So it would have worked perfectly fine, except that I don't have any PHP framework (Codeigniter). It's a custom built one (not a framework, just code) that I have made some improvements too. I'm now looking over to start utilizing a PHP MVC framework and rewrite the project from scratch. But everywhere I go its too small or too big for the project... Slim looks good. But there are no native support for MVC.

It's not everyday you need to write something with all these customization's regarding modular design. So simplicity will match more people. Do you have a roadmap somewhere? Maybe I'm too tired (01:49 now) but I can't figure out how to use it with CI.

One more thing that can be useful. Have you thought about implementing a Oauth similar API so that you can make a bridge between two applications for SSO?

Messages In This Thread
Community Auth Token Name Issue - by darby4738 - 08-30-2018, 04:40 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 08-30-2018, 09:38 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 08-31-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by jreklund - 09-01-2018, 02:42 AM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 09-01-2018, 08:18 AM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by jreklund - 09-01-2018, 11:51 AM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 09-01-2018, 02:13 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by jreklund - 09-01-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Community Auth Token Name Issue - by skunkbad - 09-01-2018, 11:59 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB