Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Which of the following policies do you support, for spam control?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
disable signatures on posts
4.55%
4 4.55%
don't allow company logos for avatars
10.23%
9 10.23%
don't allow signatures or avatars during probationary period
10.23%
9 10.23%
increase moderated posts (probation) from 2 to 5
9.09%
8 9.09%
insist on oauth authentication/login
5.68%
5 5.68%
only allow non-probationary users to use links in posts
11.36%
10 11.36%
only allow letters, digits & underscore in user names (no emails)
12.50%
11 12.50%
purge "inane" posters (or redirect them to w3schools?)
6.82%
6 6.82%
use filter to identify spam content (akismet?)
14.77%
13 14.77%
use "nofollow" links everywhere
14.77%
13 14.77%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Forum Policy Changes Feedback Requested

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2018, 10:55 AM by php_rocs.)

@jlp,

I think going the Stack overflow way is not the best way to go about fighting spam for Codeigniter. In my opinion, Codeigniter is in a transition period and I think having an actual forum is going to help during this transition period. A forum makes it more personal (at least to me) and gives the feeling that the community is alive and active. Going to Stack overflow would (in my opinion) loose the personal touch and involvement of the community. This is not to knock Stack overflow which is a great tool but for CI to go to Stack overflow exclusively is not the way to go. If anything I think it would definitely hurt CI and cause even more people to question whether or not it is still active/alive.

Maybe what we need is a MYBB forum tool that is well known for being able to fight spam or (and I say this with the upmost respect) more moderators or try different forum software. Moderators that have proven themselves to the CI team and community.

As the CI community grows this is going to be a challenge that it will always have to deal with. Growing pains is a good sign that the spotlight is gradually coming to the CI community. CI definitely deserves it!

Messages In This Thread
Forum Policy Changes Feedback Requested - by jlp - 12-04-2018, 11:53 AM
RE: Forum Policy Changes Feedback Requested - by php_rocs - 12-05-2018, 10:24 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB