Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI v1.5.4 Session question

Hey everyone, I am quite new to CI and have inherited a large Oracle implementation that uses a very old version of CI (a dump of the CI_VERSION= 1.5.4) to which i cannot find documentation for at all. It looks like the version i am forced into isn't even a stable release?

The problem is my hands are tied with regards to upgrading this to new version and the project itself goes EoL in a year. However I have been tasked with a change that requires me to dig in deep. 

What I am trying to do is simply get a list of all of the CI session variables that are in play. It seems that around CI v2 they implemented a much easier way to do this in the session.php file with the added function all_userdata() as well as store the CI variables in the $_Session php object. In my current attempts I have tried to dump out $_Session which is empty, i have also tried with not much luck to extend the current session class with a newer version of session.php in the hopes i can just get the variables to dump out once.(I do not have permissions to modify the current session.php or I would just stuff the all_userdata function in there for a 1 time dump) I really just need the name of the key so that i can fetch it later. I have 3 variables that are being passed through, and i have 'guessed in the dark' at the first 2 keys and got lucky. However i cannot for the life of me figure out what they used for the third one.  

My problem is really that the core code is read only and buried in an oracle stack with most of my permissions limited. I can modify files at the top end of the stack, but the core architecture is off limits (requests for access denied and not owned by me).

Im really hoping someone has a way to just list out the current CI userdata, im ok with hacky solutions because the data IS coming back when i use the getSessionData($key) function with a correct key.

anyways, cheers all, hopefully someone remembers back this far in history and has a solution. If not, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Messages In This Thread
CI v1.5.4 Session question - by Freja - 12-18-2018, 08:34 AM
RE: CI v1.5.4 Session question - by ciadmin - 12-18-2018, 09:07 AM
RE: CI v1.5.4 Session question - by InsiteFX - 12-18-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: CI v1.5.4 Session question - by dave friend - 12-18-2018, 12:25 PM
RE: CI v1.5.4 Session question - by Freja - 12-19-2018, 06:48 AM
RE: CI v1.5.4 Session question - by salain - 12-19-2018, 08:05 AM
RE: CI v1.5.4 Session question - by Freja - 12-19-2018, 09:01 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB