Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI tutorial from David Connelly

Hello,

Thank for the reply. I tried to contact David but the contact form crashed :-(

I then look on google about the use of videos from youtube. There is the fair use policy and there are 4 points:

1. The purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes
Courts typically focus on whether the use is “transformative.” That is, whether it adds new expression or meaning to the original, or whether it merely copies from the original. Commercial uses are less likely to be considered fair, though it’s possible to monetize a video and still take advantage of the fair use defense.
2. The nature of the copyrighted work
Using material from primarily factual works is more likely to be fair than using purely fictional works.
3. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole
Borrowing small bits of material from an original work is more likely to be considered fair use than borrowing large portions. However, even a small taking may weigh against fair use in some situations if it constitutes the "heart" of the work.
4. The effect of the use upon the potential market for, or value of, the copyrighted work
Uses that harm the copyright owner’s ability to profit from his or her original work are less likely to be fair uses. Courts have sometimes made an exception under this factor in cases involving parodies.

From that, I can see
point 1: this is a series for building an online shop so the purpose is commercial but I am not myself re-using the video of david to make money. So his work is not re-used for making money direclty.
point 2: not sure if I understand that well.
point 3: I need the deleted videos but the point is that they are precisely deleted so the copyrighted work has vanished from youtube, therefore I would like something that doesn't exist anymore and therefore I don't violate point 3.
point 4: getting those videos from someone doesn't affect the value of the copyrighted work because that work as disappeared.

Based on the above, I would conclude that you would be within the fair rules regulation of youtube. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
CI tutorial from David Connelly - by antoinedpt - 12-18-2018, 05:10 PM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by InsiteFX - 12-19-2018, 04:11 AM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by antoinedpt - 12-22-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by InsiteFX - 12-23-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by omarname - 12-23-2018, 08:05 AM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by InsiteFX - 12-23-2018, 12:47 PM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by InsiteFX - 12-25-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by InsiteFX - 01-13-2019, 10:01 AM
RE: CI tutorial from David Connelly - by InsiteFX - 01-24-2019, 04:24 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB