Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter - Appropriate for medium scale

Hi all,

I've come across a business opportunity that will likely result in what I'd call a medium scale website.  I'm not 100% sure my scaling estimate is accurate but lets just say it could have 50,000 users, probably close to 500 at a time during various periods of the year.

The website is fairly simple and is basically a database app keeping track of things.

I've written four smaller websites in CodeIgniter and I'm very happy with the framework and what it provides.  One of my smaller sites was a website that offered music upload and playback for artists.  That website had enough traffic and use that my host provider was kind of mad at me for bandwidth.  CI performed well in that instance.

I realize that my choice of hosting plays a big role in how well a website performs under load but I've never tried to use it for something that could be as large as this opportunity.   

For those of you that do this professionally would you chose CodeIgniter for a site of this potential size?  The primary criteria I can give at this time is perhaps 500 users online at a time reading, updating, and adding information to various databases.

Thanks in advance

I would also be interested in knowing about your company if you do contract work.

Mark

Messages In This Thread
CodeIgniter - Appropriate for medium scale - by MarkWS7M - 02-12-2019, 06:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB