Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] CI4 - Unable to Autoload Markdown Class

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2019, 06:23 AM by John_Betong. Edit Reason: spelling - not my forty :( )

(04-28-2019, 03:46 AM)MGatner Wrote: Thanks for the follow up to your experience! I’d also add that since this ultimately was a namespace mistake, really the best way to use it in CI4 is to install it via Composer:

cd CI/root/dir
composer require michelf/php-markdown

And that’s it! There may be reasons OP and others would want a separate folder, but this is really the way CI4 was designed.

I created the ci2 downloads folder a long time ago when CI source files were only  available in zip format. Old versions with the same name were appended a date and the latest version downloaded. The advantage was that only a single version required updating and the same version could [font=arial, sans-serif]be used with multiple CI installations, only the system folder required changing and could easily [font=arial, sans-serif]be rolled back.[/font][/font]

Recently I started using Composer and the default cloned directory is /var/www/ci2/CodeIgniter4/.

Please supply the exact Composer path required to download Markdown.

Using Composer will this mean it will [font=arial, sans-serif]be necessary to have multiple Markdown folders, one for each CI version of CI?   [/font]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SOLVED] CI4 - Unable to Autoload Markdown Class - by John_Betong - 04-28-2019, 06:20 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB