Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems moving site to another domain

Hi,

I have a customised site based on codeigniter that is now hosted on my server with a domain (for example abc.net)
It is working fine but I like to move in to another domain hosted on the same server (for example abc.com)

I downloaded all the files on abc.com under public_html, modified $root to abc.com from abc.net in config.php and routes.php
and reupload them to abc.net under public_html. At the same time, I also downloaded the database files using mysql from abc.net and reuploaded them in a new database using mysql under abc.com taking care to user the same user names, user passwords and database names. As a final step, I modified made sure any instances of abc.net is changed to abc.com in the htacess files in each folder.

However, when the site loads in abc.com, it doesn't load at all. It doesn't even give any error. so abc.com shows a blank page with nothing in it. 
Any ideas on why is this happening?

I did not create the site myself even though I owned it as it was developed by a freelance web developer who has since abandoned the project. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Problems moving site to another domain - by pantheonride - 09-04-2019, 06:34 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB