Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Create CI4 project in sub folder

I'm not sure if this is something you can 'fix' with htaccess. Well, sure there will be any workaround about this topic but I'm not sure if that's a good practice as well.

I'm new to migrating from 3.x to 4.x, and I'm willing to do it very badly, but I also have old projects like yours that keep me from migrating.

E.g., I have the following structure

-- applications
----- administration
----- frontend
-- admin
----- assets
----- index.php (this is for the administration app)
-- assets
-- uploads
-- system
-- .htaccess
-- index.php (this is for the frontend app)

I mean, how can I re-structure this kind of projects? I get it that the new style is to have the core outside the whole project and manage every application as a whole new project, which is fine. But I want to keep this structure as I showed above where I can place all those indexes into their own subfolders within the public folder.

-- applications
----- administration
----- frontend
-- public
----- admin
-------- assets
-------- .htaccess
-------- index.php (admin)
----- assets
----- index.php (this is for the administration app)
-- system

After experimenting with CI4 I couldn't correctly call to the sub-applications into their own 'index wrapper'. After I edit the Paths.php and each index.php assigning them their correct path, all I get is new production error. I tried fixing my namespaces (which has nothing to do since the Autoload.php already have the App namespace wildcard on the PSR-4 array)

Any guess my dear community?

Thank you in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Create CI4 project in sub folder - by jean5769 - 04-09-2020, 09:38 AM
RE: Create CI4 project in sub folder - by dodbda - 04-09-2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Create CI4 project in sub folder - by meta - 06-04-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Create CI4 project in sub folder - by meta - 06-05-2020, 07:54 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB