Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
OK, here we go again: installing using composer?

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 09:09 AM by captain-sensible.)

(09-04-2020, 08:23 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: I'm on Windows 10 Pro x64 and I installed Composer global works like a charm here.
there are quirks with Linux; i have no problem  with composer but since we mentioned it and the O.P is obviously on linux here is another quirk :

You are developing a CI4 " appstarter"  website in apache of your Linux box so your path to web is say /var/www/htdocs/CI4.0.4

"you" as in me or anyone like's  appstarter since the directory system is neat and when you want anything such as bootstrap IV  using composer eg : composer require twbs/bootstrap it gets put in "vendor"

here is the problem  /var/www/htdocs  is not  accessible to  a "normal"  user because  its considered part of the Linux system path (just like /opt is for xampp)  you have  a composer.json file in /var/www/htdocs/CI4.0.4 can't run it as normal user and its not a good idea to run as "root"  since strange things can happen and you could mess up your system.  The answer  is to look at who owns "apache" in terms of  permissions  and add yourself  to the group
of who owns "apache" and then
Code:
# chmod 775 /var/www/htdocs/CI4.0.4  -R

that will allow you to run composer in  /var/www/htdocs/CI4.0.4  with normal user permissions( and have not found it messes up runing apche for dev so far.
by
Code:
cd /var/www/htdocs/CI4.0.4

$ composer require composer require twbs/bootstrap
$ composer update --no-dev
I did write a piece of web development on slackware linux using CI4 as an example if anyone is interested or would like to highlight erros

Messages In This Thread
RE: OK, here we go again: installing using composer? - by captain-sensible - 09-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB