Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Report page with multiple Parts/Sections

Hi, it is definitely doable.

But to make it up to par with today's modern single page web applications / expected user experience, you will need something to make your form react to user input. This could be javascript on client side, NodeJS on server side, web assembly, CSS, you name it.

I know it is a big leap, but I would look around React+Redux or something similar framework that does the heavy lifting for you. If it is too much to ask for for a single project, then I would still use lightweight Javascript on client side (with JQuery, for convenience), as it is fairly easy to implement afterall. And last, but not least, CSS also has some nice tricks in the bag to make your form more dynamic.

If no way are going to use client-side scripting, it is still doable. Then you will have to implement the logic in CI. Which, if you are not familiar with anything above, might be faster to develop, and might be perfectly fit for the requirements.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report page with multiple Parts/Sections - by bivanbi - 10-24-2020, 03:58 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB