Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Report page with multiple Parts/Sections

Reading your questions all over again, there is another layer to it I did not address.

So CI is a 'low-level' framework. Much like LEGO. It will provide you with basic building blocks like database model class and entities, but it does not contain higher order routines like programmable workflow.

So to better articulate my answer before: it is doable with CI as a framework, but CI will not provide you higher order concepts such as workflows, and it will not help with frontend (javascript) scripting either. This you have to do it yourself. And I think this pretty much applies to all the generic frameworks around.

I see two paths here: either you find a specialized framework for web forms where you basically only define the input types, input parsing and rules, or you need to develop your own.

As a piece of advice. I was already in your shoes a few years ago, and got myself into a mess, because I did not do a thorough research in advance. So, if you are to do it with CI, and you really need a configurable workflow, I recommend you first research concepts like 'state machine'. When I implemented my first web form without the required knowledge, I ended up with a mess. And that is the reason I have not yet provided real life examples on how to do it, because all I have is a big pile of bad-bad-bad spaghetti code. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report page with multiple Parts/Sections - by bivanbi - 10-25-2020, 11:46 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB