Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Install CodeIgniter 4 on shared hosting

Hi everybody, I'm new to programming with CodeIgniter and am having trouble installing it in a production environment on shared hosting. I know the subject has been dealt with on other posts but still have not found a solution.

I'm trying to install the news sample app used on the CodeIgniter tutorial. I own the domain jordivid.com, where I'm building a portfolio. My root folder is /usr/home/jordivid.me, and documents are placed under /web folder, here I have files for my site and some folders where subdomains are located, the /test folder holds the sample app.

So I created the subdomain test.jordivid.com to test a production install that points to the physical folder /usr/home/jordivid.me/web/test/. After investigating the way to install the app in production here's what  did:
  • Install all files and folders under the root folder of the subdomain (/usr/home/jordivid.me/web/test/).
  • Modify the .env file like this:
          CI_ENVIRONMENT = production   
           database.default.hostname = test.jordivid.me
  • Move the contents of the /public folder to the document root folder (/test).

• As index.php had moved one folder upwards, I modified the $pathsPath var inside and left it like this:
    $pathsPath = realpath(FCPATH . 'app/Config/Paths.php');
  • Modified $baseURL var in app/Config/App.php:
    public $baseURL = 'http://test.jordivid.me/';
Home page of the app appears ok at the address test.jordivid.me, but when I try any route I get an internal server error, looking at the errors log it displays:

"AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace."

After reading the thread https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-759...ed+hosting I made a the folder /test.jordivid.me one level up from /test and changed the $pathsPath var to:

$pathsPath = FCPATH . '../test.jordivid.me/app/Config/Paths.php';

The result is the same. I must be doing something wrong or either there's some step I've left. My guess is that I should modify the .htaccess file, which currently is that in the tutorial unmodified, but after looking for some info on it I don't find the solution. Could anyone please help?

Messages In This Thread
Install CodeIgniter 4 on shared hosting - by jordivid - 01-11-2021, 03:30 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB