Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI in apache userdirs (domain.com/~user/public/ci)

Hi John, 

I don't think it's good progress at all, it just confirms the issue I suspected in the first place: mod_userdir urls are choking the router.

I am not suggesting to modify system files? I was asking if you knew how to echo the string the Router is using as the base for recognizing segments, since that is the problem, and how to configure it. 

i.e. what string does the router class match the request url against to separate the domain and install directory from the controller and method segments?

The router is trying to find a controller called "~kaimartain" when it should be recognizing that no controller URL segment exists. This is where I think mod_rewrite is coming into play, since the router can only use the url provided by apache for the request. If it is inconsistent due to mod_userdir, then the router is working on the wrong input data.

The solution of inserting a (:any) wildcard into every route definition is no solution at all, so I'm back to trying to configure the router properly before trying to create more controllers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CI in apache userdirs (domain.com/~user/public/ci) - by evansharp - 03-22-2021, 09:09 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB