Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Laravel Vs Codeigniter. A difficult choice

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2021, 11:04 AM by includebeer. Edit Reason: ** SPAM link removed ** )

Hey fellows. I'm in need of advice. I'm certain I could use your comments. I've been working with Codeigniter for the past three years. It is extremely simple to set up and to work with. I began to learn Laravel three months ago. I've seen some improvement but since it is very OOP the learning process is taking some time. There is a lot I don't know about.

Today I met with a Web non-literate client who has absolutely nothing about the web ( I don't even know CI or Lara). The contract we signed was for huge amounts. The system needs a lot of automated mail outs and other cron tasks. I am able to see the advantages of Laravel and how it is better than CI.

But I have a feeling I'm not very efficient. I have the ability to create database driven sites at the moment and do things with Laracast videos, but I am still learning.

A small portion of me is keen to make it happen in Codeigniter ( because it is easy to setting up and all ) However, the other side of me would like to capitalize on the situation and build it in Laravel. The task isn't that urgent He has time, but this is a huge project. How would you react if were in my situation? Laravel or Codeigniter?

Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Laravel Vs Codeigniter. A difficult choice - by jamesseth - 12-03-2021, 10:39 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB