Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View?

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
so I can think of a solution, how are you generating the race-result html table? could you not store individual blocks of html for each race result?

if you are just building it from data in a database table, I think it might be better to create a view for the individual race data, and then another view for race data list. and then when the user views a page, the table can be built by retrieving the database data and building the html content in the view. this means you could create many views for the same data.

if you got the race results html table from an external source then I might understand your approach,[strike] but if not then surely you would have to build the html from a database data anyway. it seems silly to have to pass around blocks of html. It seems like your precompiling the data and then passing it around, why not just compile it at the other end and pass ids around?[/strike] (I talk some rubbish sometimes)

Messages In This Thread
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 04:50 PM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-16-2008, 07:46 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB