Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do you handle administration functions/interface?

[eluser]Mirage[/eluser]
[quote author="jleequeen" date="1211327757"]My application basically has 3 types of user. I have a public user that can see the site and doesn't have a login. The other two types of users need a login. One is someone who registers for the site, and the other is a administrative user who manages the site. I'm basically trying to decide which way to go. Either create basically three separate apps, although I like the idea of organizing my controllers into sub-directories for each type of user...but then I also have some controllers/views that need to be shared between the registered user and administrative user. It seems that duplicating the controllers for each type of user would be redundant in that scenario.[/quote]

jleequeen,

Take it from a different angle. Implement an ACL system, which divides users by role. Control access to a an admin controller or given methods of an admin controller by checking the login and the ACL. Control output of the admin interface base on privileges defined in the ACL. The rudimentary implementation of this approach I just wrote about in this thread.

There's really no need to separate the function the model performs by module unless your application grows really - and I mean really - big.

HTH,
Juergen

Messages In This Thread
How do you handle administration functions/interface? - by El Forum - 05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
How do you handle administration functions/interface? - by El Forum - 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
How do you handle administration functions/interface? - by El Forum - 05-20-2008, 12:47 PM
How do you handle administration functions/interface? - by El Forum - 05-20-2008, 12:55 PM
How do you handle administration functions/interface? - by El Forum - 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
How do you handle administration functions/interface? - by El Forum - 05-20-2008, 03:01 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB