Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do I? one Application, multiple subdomains

[eluser]dcheslow[/eluser]
I'd like your thoughts and advice on how to do the following:

I want to use subdomains to customize for different groups of users so that mysite.com goes to the main site and yourpart.mysite.com goes to the main site with a REQUEST variable set indicating that the data for "yourpart" should be used. "yourpart" will have different data, different skin.... but the same application.

I can setup the subdomain easily enough - yourpart.mysite.com tries to load from the /yourpart/ directory. So I need to have at least index.php in the /yourpart/ directory with the defined paths all changed to prepend a "/..". And, of course, I need to set the REQUEST variable.

My questions are: have you done this? Run into any problems? Anything I've forgotten that I need to do?

I can't find any examples of people doing this, so I am suspicious that maybe there's a reason that I don't know about.

All suggestions/comments welcome.

Thanks,

=dave=

Messages In This Thread
How do I? one Application, multiple subdomains - by El Forum - 06-07-2008, 12:08 PM
How do I? one Application, multiple subdomains - by El Forum - 06-07-2008, 12:48 PM
How do I? one Application, multiple subdomains - by El Forum - 06-09-2008, 08:13 AM
How do I? one Application, multiple subdomains - by El Forum - 06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
How do I? one Application, multiple subdomains - by El Forum - 06-09-2008, 10:17 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB