Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App

[eluser]zimco[/eluser]
Solved. In case anybody runs into a similar problem in the future here was the solution to my problem:

You have to remember that your web hosting provider may add a prefix to the database name! So, if you reference the specific database.tablename like i did in a query you'll have to change all references in your model/controller to take into account the prefix!

While i named my database 'scores' and referenced it as such in the query:

Code:
scores.race_events ON event_results.event_id = race_events.event_id WHERE scores.race_events.gait

I had to change all references to the scores database in the query to:

Code:
myhostprefix_scores.race_events ON event_results.event_id = race_events.event_id WHERE myhostprefix_scores.race_events.gait

So, don't bang your head against the wall or try to blame the webhost like i did, it really was a stupid mistake on my part.

Messages In This Thread
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-17-2008, 06:55 AM
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-17-2008, 06:58 AM
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-17-2008, 07:08 AM
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-17-2008, 08:15 AM
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-17-2008, 10:05 AM
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-17-2008, 10:10 AM
(SOLVED) Help Troubleshoot MySQL Query in CI App - by El Forum - 06-24-2008, 02:14 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB