Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Standard libraries vs. Modular Extensions / Matchbox

[eluser]Dave Stewart[/eluser]
Hi All,

I'm about to release a really useful Navigation library that should get any CI developer making sites that are more than a few pages really excited.

The Base Install which is all you need to get started, is just a single library and a single config file, so no great shakes with distribution there.

However, the Development Install (with a bunch of development tools in a manner similar to Scaffolding) would consist of:

- The main Library
- The main Config file
- A Utility library
- A Utilities controller
- up to 5 Views for each of the Utilities (I could hard-code much simpler versions into the controller, but what a headache)
- Optional additional user-defined Config files

Obviously for the Development Install the traditional CI file schema would be a total headache, so I've been looking at the two extensions named above (Modular Extensions & Matchbox).

So, my questions are:

- Is this the best way to go, to have developers install a library before being able to work with all the extra tools?
- Which one of the two is easiest to get up and running with (PHP 4/5)?
- Are they both still being actively developed?

Many thanks for your input,
Cheers,
Dave

Messages In This Thread
Standard libraries vs. Modular Extensions / Matchbox - by El Forum - 07-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Standard libraries vs. Modular Extensions / Matchbox - by El Forum - 07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Standard libraries vs. Modular Extensions / Matchbox - by El Forum - 07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Standard libraries vs. Modular Extensions / Matchbox - by El Forum - 07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Standard libraries vs. Modular Extensions / Matchbox - by El Forum - 07-02-2008, 06:26 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB