Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter profiler to send output to file instead of display on page?

Sorry, I do not speak English, but I have a question.

I need to save the output of $this->output->enable_profiler(TRUE) into the some file.

Any ideas appreciated.

Hi gloton,

This trick worked on CI 2.2 (I tried it 5 minutes ago) :

PHP Code:
// Create a new PHP file in your app/libraries folder called "MY_Profiler.php"

<?php  if ( ! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed');

// We are extending the core Profiler Class of CI
class MY_Profiler extends CI_Profiler
{

public function __construct()

{

// Calling CI_Profiler constructor

parent::__construct();

}

// Here we MUST override the original session data compiling function because it's private in CI_Profiler (I just copy/pasted it here without any updates)

private function _compile_session_data()

{

if ( ! isset($this->CI->session))

{

return;

}

$output '<fieldset id="ci_profiler_csession" style="border:1px solid #000;padding:6px 10px 10px 10px;margin:20px 0 20px 0;background-color:#eee">';

$output .= '<legend style="color:#000;">&nbsp;&nbsp;'.$this->CI->lang->line('profiler_session_data').'&nbsp;&nbsp;(<span style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="var s=document.getElementById(\'ci_profiler_session_data\').style;s.display=s.display==\'none\'?\'\':\'none\';this.innerHTML=this.innerHTML==\''.$this->CI->lang->line('profiler_section_show').'\'?\''.$this->CI->lang->line('profiler_section_hide').'\':\''.$this->CI->lang->line('profiler_section_show').'\';">'.$this->CI->lang->line('profiler_section_show').'</span>)</legend>';

$output .= "<table style='width:100%;display:none' id='ci_profiler_session_data'>";

foreach ($this->CI->session->all_userdata() as $key => $val)

{

if (is_array($val) OR is_object($val))

{

$val print_r($valTRUE);

}

$output .= "<tr><td style='padding:5px; vertical-align: top;color:#900;background-color:#ddd;'>".$key."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td><td style='padding:5px; color:#000;background-color:#ddd;'>".htmlspecialchars($val)."</td></tr>\n";

}

$output .= '</table>';

$output .= "</fieldset>";

return $output;

}

// This function is the one we need to override to write output into a file instead of returning it to output (I just updated the return value here)

public function run()

{

$output "<div id='codeigniter_profiler' style='clear:both;background-color:#fff;padding:10px;'>";

$fields_displayed 0;

foreach ($this->_available_sections as $section)

{

if ($this->_compile_{$section} !== FALSE)

{

$func "_compile_{$section}";

$output .= $this->{$func}();

$fields_displayed++;

}

}

if ($fields_displayed == 0)

{

$output .= '<p style="border:1px solid #5a0099;padding:10px;margin:20px 0;background-color:#eee">'.$this->CI->lang->line('profiler_no_profiles').'</p>';

}

$output .= '</div>';

// We try to write the output content to the file at www.yoursite.com/assets/xml/profiler.html (you should modify it to a directory existing in your site directory : take care, the path is relative to the index.php file of CI !)

if(write_file('assets/xml/profiler.html'$output))

return// It works, nothing to output (if you want to continue outputing profiler : return $output;)

else
                        return 
"<script>alert('Writing profiler output failed.');</script>"// It fails, echo a javascript alert to warn user

}

Before using the write_file function, you should enable the File Helper by editing the autoload.php located in your app/config path :

PHP Code:
$autoload['helper'] = array('file'); 

I'm extremely grateful.Your solution works perfectly. Thank you for your time and effort in this matter.

Glad to hear it !

You should probably edit the topic title to add a [Solved] tag so others can benefit of this solution if they need to Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB