Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Node JS anyone?

I'm studying it.
anyone here also using it?
No SEO spam

I use it.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@albertleao
What framework you are using dude?

By the way I'm planning to use Express.js, yours?

What's the most recommended framework in node.js right now?
No SEO spam

(02-21-2016, 05:56 PM)solidcodes Wrote: @albertleao

It really depends on what you are doing. My node.js application isn't a user facing system and doesn't need a framework for the tasks that it's completing. I just use various libraries to run a very limited amount of scripts. 

Express.js is the most popular framework and easiest to get started in. I've worked on a few apps in Express and its very simple to use and get going with.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(02-21-2016, 11:26 PM)albertleao Wrote:

It really depends on what you are doing. My node.js application isn't a user facing system and doesn't need a framework for the tasks that it's completing. I just use various libraries to run a very limited amount of scripts. 

Express.js is the most popular framework and easiest to get started in. I've worked on a few apps in Express and its very simple to use and get going with.

Thanks for the info.
Node.js is my replacement to Laravel.
JavaScript is really the best than PHP.
Because it can do both Server side and Client side.
While PHP can do server side only.
No SEO spam

(02-22-2016, 12:50 AM)solidcodes Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 11:26 PM)albertleao Wrote:

Thanks for the info.
Node.js is my replacement to Laravel.
JavaScript is really the best than PHP.
Because it can do both Server side and Client side.
While PHP can do server side only.

That is a huge blanket statement that you will find is not true. There are advantages and disadvantages to using php vs javascript in your backend. 

Laravel/Codeigniter/Phalcon and others are perfectly fitted for some tasks while Node is fitted for others. Make sure you do your research thoroughly as you will be stuck on a platform after you've built an app in it. If you really want a super powerful language and framework, look into Phoenix which is written in Erlang/Elixir.

@alberleao
sorry for the wrong statement, perhaps this is because I'm new to Node.js
but still very excited to learning it right now...
How long you been using it?
No SEO spam

@alberleao
In your personal experiences what are the advantages and dis-advantages of Node.js?

Thans in addvance for sharing...
No SEO spam

(02-24-2016, 06:33 PM)solidcodes Wrote: @alberleao
In your personal experiences what are the advantages and dis-advantages of Node.js?

Thans in addvance for sharing...

No worries. Here is what I would say...

Advantages:
  • Very fast & Async
  • Much higher performance when using websockets
  • Easy to integrate with mongodb
  • Has a lot of libraries with NPM
  • May look familiar because you know javascript

Disadvantages:
  • Is more difficult to setup than PHP+Apache
  • Just because you know client side javascript (jquery) does not mean you know enough to right backend code
There are many sites that will go into more detail than I'll give in this post. But at the end of the day, you just need to see if node is good for what you plan on doing. Regardless, as I always say, it's always good to learn new tools!

thanks for the input.
No SEO spam

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB