Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project Update - 2016.06.24

Apologies for being slack with project updates these past six months - it has been crazy, busy time.

What has been accomplished during the fourth quarter of 2015 and the first half of 2016:

• We have completed Phase 1 of the CodeIgniter 4 rewrite, per our roadmap.
  • Several CodeIgniter 3 updates have been released, versions 3.0.2 through 3.0.6, with a number of security patches and some enhancements.
  • Two CodeIgniter 2 updates have been released, versions 2.2.5 and 2.2.6, with security patches. That is the last update planned for CodeIgniter 2.
  • Our forum continues to grow, with over 6600 users now registered (up 2600 from the last progress update). Including the archives, we not have over 64,000 threads.
  • It is an ongoing battle to keep on top of forum spam. Recent activity has been new registrations with bogus links in their signature.
  • Our main repository now has 6,250 forks, and almost 20,000 people are following us on Twitter.
  • We are using detectify.com to look for opportunities to improve the security of our main website.
  • We are using HackerOne to provide recognition opportunities for people finding bugs in the framework. We have had a number of issues reported, but almost all of them have been related to MyBB (oue forum software) or CloudFlare (our CDN).
What is in progress as summer 2016 begins:
  • Phase 2 of CodeIgniter 4 is under active development.
  • We are planning a 3.0.7 release, with bug fixes & minor enhancements.
  • Converting our forum to use phpBB (for better security) instead of MyBB progresses, but at a snail's pace - I haven't had time to work on it.
  • We will announce a couple of "office hours", at different times, over the next two weeks.You might have questions for the council members who can attend!
What is planned for the third quarter of 2015:
  • We are planning a 3.1.0 release, with some new features and dropping some deprecated ones.
  • We hope to engage the community with CodeIgniter 4 development Smile
Thank you, the CodeIgniter community, for your support and engagement!
James Parry
Project Lead

Awesome work / job!

PS : What is planned for the third quarter of 2015:, I think you mean 2016 ?

Awesome @jlp.

I have a question. When the forum is converted we need to redo the registration?
PHP is Life!!! SeeĀ My Portfolio

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB