Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When to wait for CI4 - officially

It sounds like some expect a pet pony for their birthday, but want to "test ride" it before then...

The CodeIgniter team is doing a FANTASTIC JOB! So let's give them the support they need (and deserve) now, by testing the pre-alpha release code, giving feedback and realize that an exact release date is just not available.

James and Lonnie (to pick just two) are both offering their assistance and I'd really not like to see them waste their time restating the answer to this question: "Are we there yet?".

I'll be ready when CI 4 gets here, and grateful to each of the team members.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2016, 08:54 AM by prezire.)

I agree. It would be nice to have more contributors to get things done faster. And I'd advise the councils and main contributors to keep the community fun and engaging rather than bluntly scold excited new and old users and their inquiries.
Long live CodeIgniter!

(11-25-2016, 08:49 AM)prezire Wrote: I agree. It would be nice to have more contributors to get things done faster. And I'd advise the councils and main contributors to keep the community fun and engaging rather than bluntly scold excited new and old users and their inquiries.

Don't assume hostility.

Indeed. But I'm so excited on the release too. Can't wait to post it on my social accounts and totally spread the good news!
Long live CodeIgniter!

i am building a big project with codeigniter 4 but i am not using html, form, and url helpers. basically stuffs that can be done with frontend tools i don't use them. i used codeigniter 4, vuejs, Spatie V8JS, AMP, PHPMailer, TNTFulltext Search though would use Sphinx fulltext Search to build a waste recycling management dashboard system, that also provides a decision support system with using system dynamic for sensitivity analysis, and also integrated with PHPMYOLAP. Everything works good, in fact using Codeigniter model and Entity class makes my life very beautiful. was able to implement complex queries with CI4 Query builders and few in sql statements; though i am looking to be able to rewrite every sql statement with the query builder and provide a cheat sheet on github. I can't wait for this library to be finally announced.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB