Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What do you think about PHP trends in 2017?

Favorite changes in PHP in 2016?

Opinion about PHP 7/7.1?

5.6 support is about to end this year. Problems you think will occur while upgrading to PHP7/7.1 as it comes?

You think Frameworks like Laravel,Symfony, Yii will help keep PHP a major programming language?

Which framework is best from above 3?

(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)gummy123 Wrote: Favorite changes in PHP in 2016?

None, as there have been only minor changes to the language during 2016.

(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)gummy123 Wrote: Opinion about PHP 7/7.1?

Way better than 5.x, but yet again adding PHP Sadness with stupid shit like the declare(strict_types=1) flag.

(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)gummy123 Wrote: 5.6 support is about to end this year. Problems you think will occur while upgrading to PHP7/7.1 as it comes?

Zero. There are only 2 cases in which you'd have problems: you have to have either really crappy code, or to have intentionally ignored modern practices.
No, I don't care what your reasoning is for thinking that your now-broken-under-PHP-7 code is fine; this is the most painless to upgrade to major release I've ever seen. All of the BC-breaking changes are just common sense.

(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)gummy123 Wrote: You think Frameworks like Laravel,Symfony, Yii will help keep PHP a major programming language?

No. If anything, 2 out of the 3 mentioned are having a bad effect.

(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)gummy123 Wrote: Which framework is best from above 3?

Neither. There's no such thing as a "best framework", even if you mean best between a few select ones.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2017, 01:26 AM by JayPatel.)

As a PHP programmer, I have used several PHP frameworks and as mentioned above laraval framework is the best PHP framework for me. Also, you can check Here mentioned top PHP frameworks in 2017 that are listed according to their popularity.

(01-03-2017, 06:47 AM)Narf Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 06:29 PM)gummy123 Wrote: You think Frameworks like Laravel,Symfony, Yii will help keep PHP a major programming language?

Oh man, out of curiosity, I gotta ask which one you think is having a positive effect on the PHP language and/or community and your reasoning behind it. I've used Laravel and Symfony and have gripes with both, I've never used Yii so I can't give an accurate opinion on it.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(04-21-2017, 01:30 AM)albertleao Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 06:47 AM)Narf Wrote:

Oh man, out of curiosity, I gotta ask which one you think is having a positive effect on the PHP language and/or community and your reasoning behind it. I've used Laravel and Symfony and have gripes with both, I've never used Yii so I can't give an accurate opinion on it.

Anything that solves a unique problem and doesn't try to be the framework to end all frameworks.

In most cases that's individual libraries, not full-scale frameworks.

I've got a few CI2 and CI3 websites on PHP7. No problems.

Long live CI3!

I also don't think that there have been any noteworthy changes to be honest

I took part in the study.
I Love CodeIgniter Heart

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB