Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Anybody Interested in contributing to establish an Edit Library?

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 07:42 AM by christaliise.)

Firstly, the writer only has experience in programming in CodeIgniter, & becomes frustrated at its limitations & vague instructions, but has extensive experience with a text editor having a macro.

It is felt that something like a simple text editor within CodeIgniter would eliminate the limitations & vague instructions.

Therefore it is contemplated to establish a community edit library that will carry out the following by a macro;

Bottom
ClearClipboard
Clipboard
CloseFile
Copy
Cut
Delete
DeleteLine
DeleteToEndofLine
DeleteToStartofLine
Else
EndIf
EndLoop
EndSelect
ExitLoop
ExitMacro
Find
IfColNum
IfFound
IfNotFound
Key-Backspace
Key-Del
Key-DownArrow
Key-End
Key-Home
Key-LeftArrow
Key-RightArrow
Key-UpArrow
Loop
NewFile
Open
Paste
PlayMacro
Replace
Save
SaveAs
SelectAll
SelectToBottom
SelectToTop
SelectWord
SortAsc
SortDec
StartSelect
TimeDate
ToCaps
ToLower
ToUpper

The above has been copied from a text editor macro list. Not as a complete list but as the most likely desired to be used in this project.

Languages used in CodeIgniter
PHP 97.3%
HTML 1.4%
Python 0.6%
JavaScript 0.3%
Makefile 0.2%
CSS 0.1%
Shell 0.1%

It is envisaged that to achieve the above it will need to be developed in C++ which is not used in CodeIgniter, however it appears that language is difficult to learn, whereas C is an easier language. C++ maybe required for the editing & macro capabilities.

There also maybe a need to use Python.

The writer knows very little about the above languages & will require guidance from the contributors.

Please register your interest, so that you will be notified of all the advancements.

I don’t understand how and why you would integrate an editor written in C or C++ in CodeIgniter!? It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Why not just use something like TinyMCE, CKEditor or something like that instead of reinventing the wheel?
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

(05-10-2021, 01:23 PM)includebeer Wrote: I don’t understand how and why you would integrate an editor written in C or C++ in CodeIgniter!? It doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Why not just use something like TinyMCE, CKEditor or something like that instead of reinventing the wheel?

The simple answer to that is CodeIgniter is grossly inadequate. Im wanting to attach advert files to category files & CI will not facilitate that whereas my text editor will do it with ease.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 03:38 PM by includebeer.)

But then it’s not a web app but a Windows app…

This is the most confusing post I have seen here! CodeIgniter is inadequate because it is not a text editor!  Big Grin

(05-10-2021, 01:45 PM)christaliise Wrote: Im wanting to attach advert files to category files & CI will not facilitate that

I've read that thread, and CodeIgniter is not preventing you from doing that at all.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 02:06 AM by christaliise.)

(05-11-2021, 01:31 AM)craig Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 01:45 PM)christaliise Wrote: Im wanting to attach advert files to category files & CI will not facilitate that

I've read that thread, and CodeIgniter is not preventing you from doing that at all.

OK, Mr Clever, you should have answered my previous thread https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-79174.html

If you have an answer then share it, so that we can all benefit.

In effect CodeIgniter is a text editor. It changes text for another program to look & behave differently. The basis of all computer programming is to set off a macro to find something, & if it finds, it does something & if it does not find it does something else, & that is precisely what a text editor & CodeIgniter do. CodeIgniter cant copy & paste at a users discretion but a text editor will do that, so Im trying to create the best of both worlds. Those who dont understand all of that, should keep the door closed of their own little cubicle, coz negheads are not welcome here.

Unfortunately I just don't have enough free time to explain everything, given the current state and desired outcome.

Good luck with whatever "this" is!

(05-11-2021, 03:30 AM)craig Wrote: Unfortunately I just don't have enough free time to explain everything, given the current state and desired outcome.

Good luck with whatever "this" is!

"whatever "this" is!" clearly explains that you have absolutely no idea of what is trying to be achieved. Go back into your cubicle.

Hey @christaliise calm yourself. Passive-agressive behavior and insults are not tolerated here.
You are right on one thing. We have absolutely no idea what you’re trying to achieve with this project and so far I think it has nothing to do with CodeIgniter.
If your goal is to develop a Windows application in C++, then it has nothing to with CI or web dev in general.
Ask clear questions, be polite, or don’t bother asking.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB