Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Do you use the database backup feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.86%
38 40.86%
No
59.14%
55 59.14%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How often do you use the backup() method of the database drivers?

I have 6-7 projects with CI and only one of them uses backup feature.

I use PostgreSQL.

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

Use it on a regular basis, most of my scripts offer CRON JOB with Backup Feature... saved my life when clients are doing things they should not do...

(02-25-2019, 10:16 AM)tigerblue77 Wrote: Hi everyone,

I think you should not remove this feature from CodeIgniter because it is already codded so... Why ? What's the purpose ?
I plan to use it but I think you should call "mysqldump" through CodeIgniter to make your backup as this is a very powerful tool

Thanks,
Tigerblue77

Well - it only exists for Mysql and one other driver I don't recall at the moment. In order to be included it should exist across all of them... which is why I was asking. But I'm tempted to do it and make it a wrapper around whatever backup tools already exist for each engine.

As a programmer, don't think of yourself

Think about the people you code for

They need it

Backup from CodeIgnter can create issues when you have virtual columns as those will get exported as data. One you try importing such backup the import will fail. I'd suppose adding an export/import feature base on shell exec with official database tools.

(03-03-2019, 04:06 PM)jasonzig Wrote: I use PostgreSQL.

HI i cannot use $model->insert() method in codeigniter 4. It returns bool(false) when var_dump() why?

(07-15-2021, 04:15 AM)crazcodernp Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 04:06 PM)jasonzig Wrote: I use PostgreSQL.

HI i cannot use $model->insert() method in codeigniter 4. It returns bool(false) when var_dump() why?
This has nothing to do with this poll. Create a new thread for you question...
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Cron job is don the rest for me
Enlightenment  Is  Freedom

(06-16-2021, 03:40 PM)najdanovicivan Wrote: Backup from CodeIgnter can create issues when you have virtual columns as those will get exported as data. One you try importing such backup the import will fail. I'd suppose adding an export/import feature base on shell exec with official database tools.
It would be great feature if this issue is addresed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB