Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix]

[eluser]Pygon[/eluser]
Thanks for the reply Derek. I'm definitely* not upset by this, but I find it more of an annoyance than anything. You are correct that part of this issue lies with the documentation of the code -- when I attempt to use something that is documented to be a "full-system path" to the system directory, I would expect that it actually is a full path, not some random implementation of some sort of path that may or may not be relative or absolute from the front controller.

I can agree, as I review the code, that my solution does not correctly take into account a provider that has set up their system in such a way that realpath always returns false and therefore needs to be revised. However, function_exists('realpath') seems to be quite useless from all my research (and again, I could be wrong and I would be very pleased to be shown how this could be made not to exist).

Honestly, this is an attempt to arrive at some normalized and accurate way to use pathing through-out the system, rather than something that (to me) seems very hack-y in nature.

*corrected just for you, friend.

Messages In This Thread
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-18-2008, 05:35 PM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-18-2008, 07:16 PM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-18-2008, 09:04 PM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-19-2008, 06:50 AM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-19-2008, 07:15 AM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-19-2008, 09:48 AM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-19-2008, 10:55 AM
index.php - Defined Constants not Absolute [with fix] - by El Forum - 07-19-2008, 12:11 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB