Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter

[eluser]J.P.C.[/eluser]
Thanks for your replay.
Interesting history and that explain the relationship between CI and EE, and why this website is using it. Also, it contribute to the general idea that great frameworks are created based on real successful aplications.
But, just like me, there we'll be many others asking themself the same question I did. Obviously, people how don't know that history.
So I hope the next version of this website have a "powered/fueled by codeigniter" in it to make it clear to everyone.

About the right tool for the right task I'm 100% agree with you. I'm a senior PHP/Java developer, so I know what you are talking about.
Still, I think if I was, i.e., a book seller who needs a web site, with forums, news, etc. probably I will be using EE.
But, if my business is the creation of a framework to build web sites, probably I will be making my own web sites with my own techonology. And I make it extensibly to Ruby on Rails too, of course. But it's just me.

Anyway, now I know you are using EE, based on CI, in this website.
I insist, the real important thing is CI is working excellent, have a lot of potential and is a minor detail the use of CI for this website.
Best regards!

Messages In This Thread
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 06:13 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 06:12 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-19-2008, 05:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB