Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
TinyMCE Not Saving Some Information...

[eluser]drshields[/eluser]
I'm not sure if this is a CI problem or not. I'm currently using TinyMCE in a textarea and many changes I make are posting correctly such as font-bold, font-italic, font-underline, etc. The post and save the in the database just fine as they are supposed to.

However some elements are not working correctly, such as the font color, font size or font family. Has anyone else had problems getting some TinyMCE elements to http post incorrectly in CI? Any suggestions?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
The only thing CI could possibly be doing is stripping out code it deems potentially harmful as part of it's XSS laundering. It should be relatively simple to debug and find out where the code is being altered. There's no way we could guess based on the limited info you have provided.

I would offer more information up if I could. All I know is that the $var that contains the information submitted on $this->input->post('var') does not contain the things I stated above (font size, font family, etc).

So, it's quite possible that it is being filtered some how. Do you have XSS filtering turned on?

in config.php:

[code]$config['global_xss_filtering'] = FALSE;[/quote]

So I guess not...

Well, there's more to it than that, but I think we can assume no XSS filtering is taking place. In that case, do something with JavaScript to sniff out what exactly it attempts to post when submitted (TinyMCE has 'cleanup' features of it's own that you might want to check into.)

A failsafe way to check is to try submitting something using a plain textarea and see if it gets altered somewhere along the way.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB