Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How can I use lang() function in helper class

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I'm open for alternatives and you have some good suggestions but they all require additional code to let the helper work in all configurations. Where using the language class doesn't need additional code.

For all i care fuksito can use lang() in his helper and be done with it. I'm just pointing out the limitations of using another helper function.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Give in xwero, Colin will never accept a challenge to his solutions, and consequently he will ruin the thread. He may even PM you about it. :lol:

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Just trying to honor the topic of this thread as much as possible: "How can I use lang() function in helper class"

Can't say the same about your petty little swipe there, wiredesignz...

Plus, I'll PM anyone when it makes sense for one on one interaction or to address an issue with a person outside the context of a thread. Is there something wrong with that? And if you think I'm being hypocritical there, remember that you challenged my methodology in the context of this thread, so it needs to be addressed the same.

Keep your ego in check Colin.

Stop insinuating that people are less intelligent than yourself. Like saying "No f***brainer" in the css thread, it's not cool.

You can PM god for all I care Colin. You never know, the message may end up in your own inbox. :lol:

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Colin i believe if there is a better solution you have to let the OP know it exists.

If you build a complex method/function on a complex method/function it's more likely bugs are going to appear and if you are not aware the bugs happen because of the build in function/method debugging can take a lot of time as you check your own code first.

Well, it's been a healthy debate, xwero, because I believe we've provided fuksito with myriad options. Just to be clear to both you and fuksito, I think all your suggestions are certainly suitable, especially if you want to approach it with a high-level of concern for dependency and complexity (never a bad approach).

Quote:You can PM god for all I care Colin. You never know, the message may end up in your own inbox.

So that's why my inbox keeps filling up so fast...

[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1220275655"]a high-level of concern for dependency and complexity (never a bad approach).[/quote]

[translation] Keep it simple to avoid head scratching. [/translation]

[eluser]fuksito[/eluser]
Thanks a lot for advices, I used method with lang() function inside helper, becouse I use lang all over the site and always load it. If I`ll need to share this helper I woud change it as it has been said by xwero.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB