Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mysql DB move 1 column (w/ data) from one table to another seamlessly?

[eluser]Sumon[/eluser]
Quote:I think probably most people are having a hard time understanding exactly what you’re asking
thanks yelirekim. you got the point exactly Wink

[quote author="dnyce" date="1221703203"]Hello all CIers,
Nice would be: Some sql query, or group of queries, to perform the transfer of a column from one table to the other seamslessly.
[/quote]
this is already covered by yelirekim.

Quote:Best Case: Some automatic script that would do the above and also make it so that I could grab member data from the live site as it is updated. This may very well be a dream but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask around. :-)
For the best case, my suggestion was
Code:
I have an idea that, you need a corn setup to transfer data between table seamslessly.
Let me clarify further. There are two ways how you can grab and update data from live site. First when someone register in live site run an insert script for your table.
Code:
$new_user_record = array('username' => $user->username, 'password' => $user->password, 'some_other_attribute' => $user->other_attribute);
    $this->db->insert('new_users_table',$new_user_record);
Secondly you can set a corn script in server which run every day/hour will synchronize data between live table and new_users_table table.
Hope it help you Wink

Messages In This Thread
Mysql DB move 1 column (w/ data) from one table to another seamlessly? - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 11:33 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB