Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How "much" do you keep under version control?

[eluser]mtbkrdave[/eluser]
OK, thanks for the feedback so far!

I think to start, since my "practice" code probably a) won't have many [framework] version-specific dependencies and b) will probably be long forgotten-about when the next version of CI comes out, I'll go with only VC'ing the project files. I can use multiple working directories to just keep my controllers/ and views/ directories under VC to start.

Once I get started on a project that's anything more than practice code, I'll probably go for the all-in approach.

Now another question: would it make sense to keep one's database prototypes in VC as well? I could see keeping a .sql file under VC for each database, containing the tables as that revision of code expects to find them configured. Would seem easy enough to create this automatically with mysqldump then commit it along with the rest of the code.

Thanks,
[medic]dave

Messages In This Thread
How "much" do you keep under version control? - by El Forum - 10-15-2008, 07:29 PM
How "much" do you keep under version control? - by El Forum - 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
How "much" do you keep under version control? - by El Forum - 10-16-2008, 01:06 AM
How "much" do you keep under version control? - by El Forum - 10-16-2008, 04:59 AM
How "much" do you keep under version control? - by El Forum - 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB