Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie help, messed with page IDs and can't fix...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey all…

Basically I accidentally edited one of my pages’ ID within CodeIgniter because I was making a clumsy attempt to have CI recall my pages as (for example) www.your-site.com/index.php/products/shoes/shoes.htm instead of the default www.your-site.com/index.php/products/shoes/123. (The ID was a number and i tried to change it to a word…) Now none of my page IDs can be recalled and the site is down, I’m fairly new to PHP so hopefully this is an easy fix… any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

(I also posted this in the code discussion thread yesterday, I just thought it may get more replies here, thank you for your help!)

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
[quote author="UCAB" date="1224382418"]The ID was a number and i tried to change it to a word[/quote]
We need a specific explanation of your changes and relevant code.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I added

'id' => array(
'label' => 'id',
'type' => 'textarea'

Into page_model.php and then went into the Helm where the ID number was now displayed in a textbox, I changed it from a number "44" to a name and pressed save, since then the site's been messed up and I can't change the ID of that page back nor do any of the other pages recognize their IDs, luckily the homepage still works since it's just index.php. Does that help? (and thanks for the reply)

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
Are there any errors? I'm assuming you closed the array with a ");" ?

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Seems like you're referring to a particular application built with CI that we know nothing about. You're going to have to post all the relevant code (complete files). Use something like http://pastie.org for that. Still, no guarantees. If you have the resources, you may want to post this in the forum jobs category.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB