Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
fresh install gives errors when removing index.php

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2015, 07:32 AM by geegee.)

i have latest 2.2 and i get these errors when setting:

PHP Code:
$config['index_page'] = ''

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: core/URI.php
Line Number: 187

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Filename: core/URI.php
Line Number: 191

everything seems to work fine none the less but it seems very strange to me that no one is reporting this error.. i couldnt find it except for only a few links.

perhaps everyone just disables the error out like i did by adding a "@" in front of the strpos function:

PHP Code:
        $uri $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
        if (@
strpos($uri$_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) === 0)
        {

$uri substr($uristrlen($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']));
        }
        elseif (@
strpos($uridirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) === 0)
        {

$uri substr($uristrlen(dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])));
        } 

perhaps the 2.2 version is really new and no one has run into to error because no one has upgraded yet?

2.2 is really... old. Try version 3.0. Although I've used 2.x previously, I don't remember seeing such an error.

2.2 was released less than a year ago, and 2.2.1 just 2 months ago. That said, I haven't seen this message under either version, and I've been running them almost since they were released. Of course, a lot of code which might be relevant to this issue is modified on my site.

Since the error messages point to $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] being empty (but set, since the script continued past line 181), it is probably an issue with your rewrite settings. Another possibility would be an empty route, but I wouldn't expect execution to get this far in that case.

Post your .htaccess

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB