Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Login problem with sessions and IP Match

[eluser]Teks[/eluser]
In the past, I have had to setup client servers in areas where the internet connection was quite unreliable. As a consequence, instead of giving the client a single network connection, we would setup 2, or more, simultaneous connections, often with different service providers. If one provider 'drops off', then the communication packets are automatically routed to the other connections.

This setup is also common in mission-critical environments. In Australia, for instance, there are, I believe, 3 or 4 underwater cables that connect us to the rest of the world. Each one of our telecom providers uses a different cable - 'their' cable. From time to time, there are problems with one of the cables, and everyone who is on that 'pipe' is disconnected from the rest of the internet. So, many large companies now have a routing setup, whereby they subscribe to 2 or 3 service providers, and all these connections are routed and shared in the internal network.

The end result of this is, that communication packets from these setups can come, indeed, from widely varying IP addresses - even within the same session.

I hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Login problem with sessions and IP Match - by El Forum - 12-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Login problem with sessions and IP Match - by El Forum - 12-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Login problem with sessions and IP Match - by El Forum - 12-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Login problem with sessions and IP Match - by El Forum - 12-13-2008, 05:04 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB